How much does it cost?
MentorSET is run by the Women's Engineering Society and we encourage mentors and mentees to be members when they join MentorSET. Benefits of and further details of WES membership can be found here.
Mentors are volunteers, and there is no fee to become a MentorSET mentor.
Mentees are required to pay a joining fee of £120. This fee funds the operational running of the programme, which includes the finding of a suitable mentor and 12-months of guidance and support support.
- How do you pay for your subscription?
Follow this link then please enter £120 in the box at the bottom of the page, follow the on screen prompts to make your payment. Mentees must also be Members of WES. If you have not yet joined, please do so here.
For additional WES news, please subscribe to the WES newsletter here.
Connect with a Mentor or Mentee!
Benefits of Mentoring
- The mentee feels supported and has a mechanism for working through any problems that exist as a result of being in a minority
- Mentoring includes training, support, encouragement, advice and guidance from people who have both 'done it before' and are usually independent of the mentee’s current organisation
- Both the mentees and mentors gain confidence and leadership skills
- Mentees report the benefits of a different perspective
- Mentees are more likely to plan and apply for promotions
- Mentors and mentees can gain insights into best business practices in other companies
- The process allows mentors and mentees to make useful networking connections, and have access to role models
- Mentees will find it easier to return to engineering after a career break
- The mentors and mentees belong to a wider network of women engineers (through the Women's Engineering Society), which can bring a host of other advantages